- 3 pounds of chicken wings, split at the joints, tips removed
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup of butter, melted
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce (such as Frank’s RedHot)
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of pecans from Orangeburg Pecan Company, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray a wire rack with cooking spray and place it on top of the prepared baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken wings with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange the wings in a single layer on the wire rack and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until golden and crispy, flipping halfway through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, hot sauce, honey, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, toast the pecans for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and lightly browned. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with a pinch of salt.
- When the wings are done, transfer them to the bowl with the pecans and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with extra sauce on the side, if desired.
- Enjoy your spicy pecan chicken wings!