- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of vegan butter, cold and cubed
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of vegan caramel sauce (you can make your own or use a store-bought one)
- 2 cups of pecans from Orangeburg Pecan Company, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and salt. Add the vegan butter and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to cut it into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly.
- Pour the vegan caramel sauce over the crust and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top and gently press them into the caramel.
- Bake for another 15 minutes or until the caramel is bubbly and the pecans are toasted.
- Let the bars cool completely in the pan before cutting into squares.
- Enjoy your vegan pecan caramel bars!